Thank you to everyone who joined us for the beautiful Memorial Mass celebrated by Bishop Zubik last Sunday. If you were unable to attend the live streaming of this Memorial Mass you are welcome to replay it by clicking the link below.
The Catholic Cemeteries Association remains committed in providing the essential service of burying the dead. In light of the current events relating to the COVID-19 virus and concern for the health and safety of all of our employees and families, The Catholic Cemeteries Association will be administering the following changes to our burial procedures:
Effective Friday May 15, 2020, all 16 Diocesan Cemeteries will implement the following procedure changes as Allegheny & Washington Counties take a step forward toward more normal activity…
• All in-ground burials will be restricted to graveside services only.
• Chapel committals will only be available for those having an entombment or interment.
• The Catholic Cemeteries Association follows the direction of State and Local health authorities. Currently CCA permits a maximum of 25 people for indoor chapel committals and a maximum of 100 people for outdoor graveside committals.
• For the safety of our employees, actual Interments and Entombments will not take place until the committal service is complete and attendees have departed.
• CDC Guidelines for Masks and Social Distancing are to be observed at all times by all in attendance regardless of where the committal takes place.
For COVID 19 Burials / Entombments:
• COVID 19 Mausoleum Entombment – Committal to take place outside the mausoleum. Casket will then be wrapped with standard mausoleum protection prior to entering the building. Once entombment complete family may enter the mausoleum.
• COVID 19 Ground Burial – Committal prayers may be conducted at roadside. Attendees will then be asked to remain and witness from their cars during the burial process. Once burial has been completed family may proceed to the gravesite if desired.
Mausoleums are available once again for visitation, however masks and social distancing are required. Restrooms are NOT open in both mausoleums and cemetery offices.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Welcome to The Catholic Cemeteries Association
In our Catholic cemeteries, we, the living members of the Church, gather to pray for those who have gone before us and to reflect on the great promise of “the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.” We have great confidence that one day we will be reunited with our deceased loved ones. All those baptized in the faith share in this great promise. Catholic cemeteries are visible signs of Christ’s promises to His Church and of our unwavering hope in the fulfillment of those promises.
“My family and I were very impressed by the care and compassion we received in a difficult time. I am so glad we made our funeral plans in advance. It really does make it easier to have in place the wishes of the deceased.”Jean F.
“I was very satisfied with your service. Everyone was helpful, courteous and sympathetic. Thank you for your prayers and kind expression of sympathy.”Maxine S.
“The service your company provided was flawless and really helped me.”Tina M.