Calvary Catholic Cemetery
In 1886, the diocese established the Calvary Cemetery Association and Calvary Cemetery, a 200-acre tract of land in the Hazelwood area of Pittsburgh. The first burial took place in June 1888.
Calvary Cemetery remains the largest of the diocesan cemeteries. Today it includes two beautiful chapel mausoleums, a large garden crypt development, the exclusive Cardinal Wright Oratory crypts, a large priests’ plot, and Shepherd’s Rest, a mausoleum set aside for the entombment of bishops of the Diocese of Pittsburgh. The central office of The Catholic Cemeteries Association is located on its premises.
Calvary Catholic Cemetery & Mausoleum
718 Hazelwood Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217-2807
Visit This Cemetery
- 718 Hazelwood Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217-2807
- Find A Loved One